Monday, December 23, 2013

Mid-Training Course


      Well, about my mid- training course….my journey to Predeal started in Cluj with my favorite trainer – Sonia, a person who has always a hand to help someone, no matter what the circumstances, she will be there!!! Completely addicted by Education System, Sonia shared her time speaking about this thematic, I could feel the enthusiasm when she spoke!! Despite of slow train it was an interesting and productive travel, I learnt so many things- “”Thanks a million”!!



When we arrived to Predeal, fresh air filled my lungs. It was a cold and windy night. Predeal is a small city, with few habitants, with a wonderful landscape located in the mountains near of Brasov. Before entering in hotel, I went to the close shop to buy some beer to warm my friends!! :D I always take care of them, I don’t want that something is missing!! XD


First day it was amazing…I meet with so many volunteers, ones from on-arrivel training others ones from mid-training. Different people, interesting people, exotic people, inspiring people…. my Heart skipped a beat… some of them from Africa others from South America … mix of cultures… a mix of ways of thinking… AMAZING!!





The volunteers of mid-training were split in two groups. About the people from my group…. mmhhh… So crazy and wonderful group!! I don’t remember for sure how many we were, but approximately like 15 or 20. Andreea and Marian were our mentor, very active and creative!!





Full of imagination, energy and creativity we had 3 marvelous days, replete of activities, games and fun. We reflected about our EVS… what we have done until now, what we have learnt with the project, how to resolve problems in the group, feelings and levels of motivations that we had, highlights and bad moments, what our intentions after EVS…



Through non-formal education, using methods such as energizers, icebreakers, know each other, self-knowledge games we debated about these issues!!!
Without doubts my favorite methods:
Iceberg of Conflict



Each level of the iceberg represents something that does not apppear on the surface, yet adds weight and immobility to our arguments when we are in conflict.



EVS Motivation Graphic


In an A3 paper size, everyone drew, with distinct marker, their own graphic of motivation, of their feelings during EVS program. Absolutely, Colorful graphic with ups and downs, ups and downs… I still remember that just one person, in that room, didn’t have one unique down, it was Erik, fantastic and boy who has always a smile in the face!!


What makes you Unique


What makes you Unique Each volunteer was given a piece of paper and pencil and was asked to write what makes them unique. The papers were put inside of a box and in the course of activities were asked to us to remove one paper and guest who is the owner of it. Criminology, basketball, nuclear engineer, sharing peace, drawing, toxicologist, football and more and more things that make your group unique!!! But the best moment for me, it was when Onur, a calm and thoughtful boy from Turkey, didn’t receive any paper and the box was already empty.

Then, our trainer ( Marian) asked him: “ Onur, why didn’t you write nothing about you, why didn’t you put any paper in box”Suddenly, in a wise way, Nour answer him: “I didn’t write and put my paper in box, because it makes me unique!!” I will never forget these words!!


Sharing tools with the others volunteers

Everyone in the room could share something with others volunteers. So many volunteers in one place, sharing different ideas. The room was immersed of creativity and imagination!!! In that hour, I learn so many things:
•        Open space technology
•        World café
•        Drum rhythm  
•        Hidden theatre
•        Living origami
           
   
         In free time… well it is hard to me express myself in words, it was really fabulous and brilliant!!! People smiling, playing, singing, talking, dancing, getting fun, gathering in the fire, throwing snow balls, giving and receiving more warmth in these cold days!!! My heart almost burst with happiness!!









No comments:

Post a Comment